Ask a Homeopath   »  

Got aurvedic treatment for piles. Internal hemorrhoids comes out during motion, bleeding started. Looking for permanent cure?

I am a male 58 years old ..I have been suffering from piles for more than 10 years..I got aurvedic treatment for piles which was in 3rd stage.bleeding stopped...I hv XXXXXXX hemorrhoids that comes out during motion and goes inside by smoothly pushing with fingers without any pain. Now, bleeding started since 5 what to do? To whom I have to consult for permanent cure? I am from India, West XXXXXXX District, Andhra Pradesh State
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 3 hours later

Treatment depends on the degree of prolapse and the severity of symptoms.
- First-degree or second-degree hemorrhoids can usually be treated conservatively ( increasing dietary fibres, oral fluids to maintain hydration, on-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID)s, sitz bath, and rest as long as symptoms are minor. If symptoms are severe, especially bleeding or pain, then referral are required.
- Third-degree and fourth-degree hemorrhoids usually require surgery. The surgery most successful in them is Haemorrhoidectomy, Stapled haemorrhoidopexy and Transanal haemorrhoidal dearterialisation (for short-term or medium-term).

You seem to have a first degree prolapsed with bleeding. If conservative treatment does not control bleeding, you may need surgical treatment.

Ideally I would suggest you to consult a proctologist / surgeon for per rectal examination. Conservative treatment such as increased dietary fibres, stool softeners (Syp Lactulose), warm sitz bath, etc can be tried. If severity of bleeding is severe some oral or injectable antifibrinolytic drugs could be considered by the examining doctor. Surgery will be considered as a last resort.

As you plan a visit to the doctor, take plenty of fluids along with high fibre diet and Syp. Lactulose 2 teaspoons at night before dinner. You should be alright soon.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and please write a review.

Wish you a speedy recovery

Dr Sourav Ganguly