Got anxiety, on dosulpin. Get panic attacks, dry mouth, temple pain and heart beating hard. Suggest?

May 2013
I got anxiety I am on dosulpin. I keep waking up all night with panic attacks my mouth is dry my temples hurting my heart is beating very hard what to do
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
side effects of the drug

Detailed Answer:
Dosulepin is having side effects like dry mouth, dry eyes, tachycardia etc.
So possibly you are having side effects due to the drug.
Once consult your doctor and discuss regarding your problem.
With his advice you can decrease the dose, and possibly that can help in relieving the symptoms.
If not he may change the anti-depressant.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Follow-up: Got anxiety, on dosulpin. Get panic attacks, dry mouth, temple pain and heart beating hard. Suggest? 59 minutes later
Plz tell me which medicine better for anxiety with less side effects
What is the procedure of changing to other medicine, do I have to reduce the old one slowly, plz explain
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
have to consult your doctor

Detailed Answer:
The choice of antidepressant depends on many factors like :
- Your symptoms of depression
-Any associated health problems
-Other medicines using
-Possible side effects etc.
So better to consult your doctor and after detailed examination and discussion you can take antidepressant that is appropriate to you, with his advice.