Got allergy after sinus infection, advised Xyzal and Cyra. Got relief but still itching after food. Advise?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hi Dr.,

I got allergy after a sinus infection. Dr. advised me to take Xyzal (0-0-1) and Cyra (1-0-0) for two weeks.

Got relief. But still itching and redness the body whenever after I am taking the food.

Please advise.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
could be urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem you get allergy whenever you take food . Even after taking antihistaminics its persisting . I would like to tell you that some component in your food may be the culprit behind this .

You need to get your allergy testing done so that allergen can be determined . Once allergy ensues it takes lot of time to subside . So dont worry it will settle down . If your treating doctor feels small course of steroids can be prescribed.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Got allergy after sinus infection, advised Xyzal and Cyra. Got relief but still itching after food. Advise? 13 hours later
Thanx. Dr.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

It is a pleasure to help you .

Dr. Shruti