Got all blood tests done. Is there something serious?

I had under gone an annual health check up. And following abnormal values were observed.
Platelet count : 113 thou/microL
Mean Platelet volume: 13.4 fl
Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST/SGOT): 45 U/L
Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT/SGPT): 90 U/L
Cholesterol: 193
Triglycerides : 209 mg/dL
Cholesterol HDL : 34 mg/dL
Very Low density Lipoprotein: 41.8 mg/dL

In Urinalysis Blood detected(trace). Red Blood cells 1-2 /HPF

Is there something serious? Please suggest how to address these issues.
I also have severe acidity problem.
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 40 hours later

I have gone through your reports.Can you please provide me some details about your current symptoms and past medical history? This will help me answer your query better.

Any health related issues related to liver? Do you drink ? Any issues related to kidneys? Arer you on any medications?

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Got all blood tests done. Is there something serious? 48 hours later
Thanks for your response.

And to inform you, i had never diagnosed with any liver or kidney issues previously. I am not on any medication.

It is just that I suffer from acidity very frequently and thereby have the feeling of nausea quite often. And some time i suffer from dysentery type of problem (i mean a kind of painful motion).

And as far as the history concerned, it is only typhoid I had last year and a problem of tonsillitis.

Looking forward to your reply.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 14 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

With those test results I don't there is anything seriously abnormal.There is mild alteration in liver function test that is ALT, but this not should be rechecked after interval as other LFTs are normal. In most cases this can be transitory.

Upto 4 /HPF RBCs in urine are normal, so this should not be a concern.Even lipid levels are not in range to cause concern.

So in all, your test results don't suggest any major health issue.

For acidity you can try oral antacids,diet and life style changes.

Hope this answers your questions.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.