Got a skin disease due to harsh water. How to treat the marks on skin?

It's been more than a year since I got a skin disease due to harsh water. The marks of the zit-like formations still remain. I consulted many doctors but none of the medications worked. Please help.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

Pigmentation you are describing can be postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Ideal treatment for it would be chemical peeling ,dermabrasion or fractional co2 laser.

You can expect a improvement of 70-75 % after the procedures.

These treatments are available at dermatology clinics.6-12 sittings of the procedures would be needed for optimum results.

If you can upload photos of the affected area (face) it will help in giving specific advice.

There is feature to upload the reports / image by yourself on this web page, please utilize that so that I can comment further.

Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject line as “Attention Dr. Sudarshan”.

Hope this helps.