Got a nerve sprain on left ankle. Not able to walk. Is it safe to have gabapin ME?

i suddenly got a nerve sprain on my left ankle yesterday.i am unable to walk now. is it safe to have gabapin ME or will i have Pregalobin ME for this temporary pain ?
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 hours later

Both of these drugs are effective in nerve related pain and one can have a trial with either of them. Your doctor will choose one of them considering side effects and your profile.

That being said, sudden onset pain around the ankle might be muscular ache where other anti-inflammatory drugs can be useful.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other inquiries.