Ask a Urologist   »  

Got a cut on penis. Getting burning sensation while urinating. How to cure this?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi, yesterday night during shower, I had cut inside of the foreskin towards the tip of my penis. It was bleeding to some extent until I covered the area using a Cotton. Currently while peeing, I had to retract back the foreskin else it would burn or sore due to Urine. Please let me know how to heal the aforesaid cut.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 40 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I would suggest the following remedial measures:

1) Wash cut area with diluted Betadine solution two to three times a day (Betadine solution will be available at any local pharmacy; you can dilute 1 part of Betadine in 3 parts of water)

2) Apply Clindamycin ointment on the cut twice a day.

3) If it is painful, you can take a mild pain killer like Paracetamol or Voveran.

Don't worry, mucosal cuts heal quickly and if you use the betadine washes and the antibiotic ointment, it will prevent any infection.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: Got a cut on penis. Getting burning sensation while urinating. How to cure this? 26 minutes later
Thanks for your suggestion Dr. XXXXXXX Will Follow your suggestion and after application I will get back to you about the progress of healing.

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 3 minutes later
Sure. You're welcome.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: Got a cut on penis. Getting burning sensation while urinating. How to cure this? 13 hours later
Hi Doc,

Can I apply the Ointment and the solution inside the Foreskin, as I have the cut in the inner side of the foreskin. That will not cause any harm right?

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 11 hours later
Yes, you can apply the ointment in the inner side of your foreskin. The solution is only for washind and not applying. For this, you have to retract the foreskin (thereby exposing the cut area) and wash it with diluted betadine solution.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist