Got IUI. Using progesterone capsules. Have vaginal inflammation, lot of itching and discharge. Take progesterone orally ?

Question
hi doctor,
i got iui done 3 days back, since then im using progesterone capsules, i.e, gestone 400mg twice daily for vaginal use.
i have got vaginal inflammation, lot of itching on my vagina as the discharge comes out after sometime. its bn three days n its quite uncomfortable, is there any cream that i can use or any other medicine?
Also can i take progestrone orally ?
my doctor says taking progestrone vaginal is much better?
please advice
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 1 hour later
probably you are allergic to local progesterone . you can take these tab orally with similar efficacy . don't use soap or any other medication down. the irritation will subside. if no improvement pl see a doctor for local exam. best wishes

Follow-up: Got IUI. Using progesterone capsules. Have vaginal inflammation, lot of itching and discharge. Take progesterone orally ? 1 hour later
thanks a lot doctor for the reply ,

i have got red blisters as if skin has been removed and its paining a lot when i urinate and specially when i put water.

if i take progestrone orally it is equally effective?

i mean my doctor says progestrone is only 10 % as effective orally if taken instead of vaginally?
is it true?
Follow-up: Got IUI. Using progesterone capsules. Have vaginal inflammation, lot of itching and discharge. Take progesterone orally ? 10 minutes later
hello doctor,

i also want to know can i take some anti allergy medicine like cetrizin or any cream that i can put locally,

also i want to know how long can washed sperms stay alive in my utreus ?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 15 hours later
average life of sperms is 72 hours. you can apply clotrimazole cream locally for relief and can take cetrizine tabs