Good to take higher dose of Advair for coughing up mucus?

I find that I am coughing up more mucus (I don't have a cold or anything like that) on a daily basis since my doctor switched me over to Advair on a higher strength for my asthma. Is this good or bad?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Good if symptoms of asthma are better Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I a so sorry to hear about your battle with asthma. What were the reasons for which you were switched to a higher dose? Do you think you are getting better relief of symptoms with this? For how long have you noticed this? How often do you get attacks? In all, mucus blocks airways and makes it more difficult to breath. Coughing it out would be a good idea. However, mucus results fro inflammation of the airways and would not be a good sign.This would be paradoxical that a higher dose which is supposed to suppress this even more would rather lead to an increased mucus production. In all, I will suggest that you monitor this a little longer for us to understand what the exact significance is. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.