Good facility to get operated laparoscopically for umbilical hernia. What would be the cost?

Question
Which would be a good facilty to get operated laproscopically for umbilical hernia near Allahabad, UP, India. How much it might cost. If not in Allahabad, any sugeestion for capable facilties in Delhi and Pune will be helpful. Do you also know if this can be done at AFMC, Pune for non-military patients.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Radhika 55 minutes later

There are many hospitals which will do laproscopy surgery. I will suggest you a few.

1 XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hospital
Allahabad, XXXXXXX Pradesh
0532-0000

2. Kamla Nehru Memorial Hospital, Allahabad. Phone: +(91)-(532)-0000

The cost of the surgery varies depending on the centre; but it can be around 20 thousand to 30 thousand Indian rupees.

AFMC, Pune which mainly deals with "Defence personnel" is another center where this facility is available. But I do not know if it is possible for civilians to get treated there.

Additionally, there are patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor yourself in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW .

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Good facility to get operated laparoscopically for umbilical hernia. What would be the cost? 1 hour later
Thanks for the prompt response. A quick follow up question. Can you recommend any doctor(s) in and around Allahabad who might do this procedure. How valid is my concern to opt for laproscopy to avoid open surgery? I know a lot of people go for just open stomach.

Answered by Dr. Radhika 14 hours later
Thanks for the follow up,

I shall recommend few doctors in Allahabad who perform Laparoscopy surgery.

1.Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 19-1/13,A N JHA MARG XXXXXXX TOWN,ALLAHABAD.

2. Dr XXXXXXX 50,DILKUSHA,NEW KATRA,ALLAHABAD,UP.

Some people may prefer laparoscopic hernia repair because it causes less pain and they are able to return to work more quickly than they would after open repair surgery.
Repair of a hernia is easier using laparoscopic techniques than using open surgery:

1. As a smaller incision is used, laparoscopy may be more appealing for cosmetic reasons. Three tiny scars rather than one large abdominal incision are used.
2. Short hospital stay
3. There will be reduced post-operative pain.
4. Low hospital costs.
5. Faster return to work. It allows a shorter recovery time and earlier resumption of daily activities (a recovery time of days instead of weeks).

So these are the benefits compared to open surgery.

Regards.