Good evening Doctor, My mother is aged around 68 years

Question
Good evening Doctor,

My mother is aged around 68 years has been diagnosed with anteverted enlarged in size measuring 10.4 x 4.3 x 6.3 cm and shows homogenous myometrial echoes. Heterogeneously hypoechoic mass lesion measuring 6.1x 3.8 cm seen involving the lower body of uterus and and cervis. The Lesion shows colour flow. Fluid collection measuring 2 x 1.2 cm seen within the endometrial cavity. Endometrial thickness could not be assessed.
Focal myometrial catcifications seen in the fundus. ( as per scan report).

Both ovaaies normal. No mass lesion seen.
Aivc & retroperitoneum normal. Few enlarged peri pancreatic lump nodes seen, largest measuring 29.3 x 11.9 mm. Boith Ilian fossa normal Fatty liver.
I am worried as what might me the reason. What is the line of treatment in XXXXXXX

S XXXXXXX
YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A heterogenous lesion in the lower part of uterus that is 6.1cm large can be related to cancer. Biopsy and CT scan are needed to detect the extent of mass and any other lymph node enlargement. You need to consult a gynecologist for biopsy and consult an oncologist at Apollo XXXXXXX in case anything suspicious comes up in the biopsy report.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal