Gone through menopause, got ovary removed. On vagifem doing pelvic exercises. Getting vaginal discharge. Side effect?

Hello. I have gone through menopause at 35 years old had my ovaries removed 2 years ago,( I am 53 now)., nothing wrong with them, just decided not to have the ovarian cancer risk that women have. Now My uterus seems to have dropped down a little, I could kind of feel it a little bit, so my Doc put me on vagifem & told to do pelvic excercises. The dose was to insert 1 each night for 2 weeks, then i twice a week. I have only used the first 5, and experienced vaginal mucus/discharge slightly blood coloured. Also feel very irritated in the uterus area, almost like an infection. I had nothing before use of vagifem, no bleeding what so ever, very dry. My doc has said to have an ultrasound to make sure nothing is wrong....& I am scared that I might have cancer......I have stopped the vagifem 2 night ago and the discharge is getting much less. My question is can vagifem caus this, like a reaction. I could never take any strong HRT, I could only use Estradem 25mg patches, antyhing stronger had me depressed and my breasts grew etc. I stopped the patches about 3 years ago now & until last week was on nothing.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 hours later
thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

My question is can vagifem cause this, like a reaction? Yes, vagifem vontains estrogen.
Estrogen increases the vascularity and glandular secretions. This has lead to vaginal discharge which is blood stained.
Good you stopped using vagifem.
You need not be worried about cancer.
Carry on with pelvic exercises for prolapse uterus.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you have further doubts.
I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer