Gone through chemo therapy receiving high dose Ara-C and have severe cerebellar toxicity. Suggest treatment

I have gone through chemo therapy receiving high dose Ara-C and now have sever cerebellar toxicity. My last dose was in January or this year. I still suffer from balance issues and am pretty weak in that I use a wheelchair all the time.
Is there anything I or my Physician can do to decease or resolve these symptoms?
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No specific therapy

Detailed Answer:

unfortunately there is no specific therapy for treatment of cerebellar toxicity of ara-c. In about 10% patients it is irreversible. There is little we can do to help them other than hope for spontaneous improvement.
I am really sorry I could not add much. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.