Going to start my first intercourse. Suggest precaution for safe sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
Hi sir,
I am going to start my first intercourse with my wife and i have few questions regarding this.
1. any specific condomes to be used at the time of intercourse please do specify like a specific brand or costly ones.
2. this is my first intercorse of my life so are there any precautions to be taken to have safe sex
3.can do i foreplay and oral sex.
4.can i use any lubriacants if so please advise one
5. what are the disadvantages of lubriacants .
6. food that i can take to increase my sexual stamina or sperm count
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Latex Condom is best. Follow the rest.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) You should always use latex condom for protected sex. There are several brands available in the market like MOODS, KOHINOOR, MANFORCE etc. You can chose any of them. Some are flavored with added lubricant.

2) For safe sex, you always use condom and practice protected sex. You should avoid sex on most fertile days 12th-18th days of each regular 28-30 days cycle.

In addition, your wife can take emergency pill within first 24 hrs or pregnancy rate is less than 1%. Maintain genital hygiene both of you before and after sex.

3) Yes, you can do foreplay and oral sex. However, both of you maintain genital hygiene and have free from any type of STD.

4) Yes, you can use water based lubricant like KY jelly, Vagisil gel etc before intimation. Most of condoms have added lubricant.

5) Water based lubricant is the best and there is no disadvantages. It helps to do sex smoothly without any irritation or discomfort.

6) You would take always balanced diet with Vitamin E & Zinc supplements, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, drink more water, do regular light exercise and avoid mental stress. This will definitely help to increase sexual stamina and sperm count.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
WWW.WWWW.WW