Going to have laproscopy shoulder for tear in rotator cuff. Taking adderal. Will it interfere with the surgery?

I am having laproscopy shoulder for a tear in my rotator cuff. I am taking 30mg of Adderal will that interfere with the surgery?
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Thanks for placing your query here at XXXXXXX !
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (critical care specialist) and am glad to answer your question.

Adderall is a central nervous system stimulant due to its content- amphetamine.
While anaesthesia needed for laparoscopy intends to suppress the nervous system (brain).
The action of adderall may contradict that of the anaesthetics and reduce their efficacy. It may be difficult to take you in deeper planes of anaesthesia to enable surgery.

It is important that you discuss this with your anaesthesiologist early and know what technique they are planning to use and if Adderall interferes with its actions.

I hope I answered your query satisfactorily.
I would be glad to answer any further query you may have.
Thanks !

I would request to rate this experience here before you you 'accept' and 'close' the query.(whenever you feel you have no more queries).