Going to get married, what fertility test to take?

i am 39 year old woman going to marry, what fertility tests should i undergo
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ovarian reserve FSH, AMH & HSG

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Congratulations for your marriage. Considering your age there are few specific fertility tests, they are:
FSH(follicular stimulating hormone)- to check ovarian reserve.
Antim├╝llerian hormone (AMH) level- to check ovarian reserve.
Ultrasound pelvis- to know ovarian size, antral follicular count, and uterine contour & to find out any uterine pathologies like fibroid.
Hysterosalpingogram-(HSG) to know the patency of fallopian tubes. This is a very important test.
Hysteroscopy & laparoscopy- some doctors prefer to do this as a basic workup to know the interior architecture of uterus and patency of fallopian tubes.

So for getting pregnant there should be normal ovarian reserve, normal uterus and patent fallopian tubes, this is for a female. And for a male there should be normal semen analysis, if semen analysis is normal there is no further tests required for a male.

I also advise you to have good control of your blood pressure before you plan for a baby.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile