Ask a Dentist   »  

Going to get braces soon. Are 3M ceramic braces good and what do they cost?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Dear Sir,

I'm going to get braces, wanted to know whether 3M Ceramic braces good. What is the estimated price of such braces in India.

Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 50 minutes later

Thanks for asking query.

3M ceramic braces are good and it will give you desired result. If you are aesthetically concerned even better once are available from American Orthodontics, Ormco, GAC. In 3M ceramic braces, the centre slot of the braces is metal therefore transparency is less compared to others. In other companies both (with and without metal slot) are available.

If you are not concerned with aesthetics even metal braces will also do the same job. The estimated price varies from Rs 0000/- to Rs 40,000/ in India.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further clarifications I will be happy to clarify otherwise kindly accept the answer.

Thanking you