Going through menopause. Having low grade fever, pain in lower back, cramps in abdomen. Any ideas?

Jan 2013

i am 49 years old, have been going thru menopause for the past 3 years, have had a low-grade fever for the past 4 days with aches in my lower back and HEAVY cramping in my abdomine (very similar to pms cramps), and today the fever is gone but now my body is covered with a rash. It does not itch but the spots on my back are mildly sore to the touch. Any ideas?
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 hours later
Do you have abdominal bloating/ increased flatulence/ spasmodic abdominal pain?
You may have abdominal viral infection (gastroenteritis) with rash/ may be typhoid fever.
As you have already undergone menopause, there is least chances of getting menses again. And menstrual period is not associated with fever and rash.
You should consult with physician and gynecologist and go for following investigations: Complete blood count, renal function test, ultrasound imaging, ESR, CRP and widal test (for typhoid fever).
You should also take complete antibiotic course for rapid recovery.
I think this will solve your query. Put your views also.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava