Going on cruise. Feel very sick. Considering scopolamine patch. Want to have a glass of wine. Safe?

Going on a cruise and I got very seasick last time. Considering scopolamine patch but I know I will want to have a glass of wine. Someone mentioned perhaps cutting patch in half to start with to see if that dose would be enough. Can this be done safely?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry to hear about your seasick. Hope you get to enjoy your cruise this time as you plan on taking the patch for prevention purposes.

Please, experimenting when you need results is not always the best idea. If it happens not to work when you cut into half, then you would have spoiled the cruise trip. Supposed you had tried it and know a smaller dose could work for you, then I may even consider this idea but at this time, I would not want you doing such.

Cutting it into smaller sizes is highly discouraged. Please, do not try it out.
For more detailed information on how to correctly use it, you may visit ( WWW.WWWW.WW if you need more information from a trusted site.

I hope this answers your query fully. I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD