Going for an ear piercing. Suggest which medicine to give in case of pain and infection?

My daughter is going through an ear piercing. Please suggest which medicine to give her in case of pain and infection.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 2 hours later

Thanks for your query

That is good to listen that you are preparing to combat any adverse event because of ear piercing.
Well if the instruments used are sterile then no need to use antibiotics.

However, you can give her paracetamol for painkiller and ampicillin as antibiotic after consulting your doctor; he will guide you about its dosage and timings.

Take care of her and do apply local anesthetic lignocaine as a painkiller, after consultation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Wishing her a speedy recovery.