Gland on the right side of neck. Suggested to go for chemo. Is it curable?

Oncologist, Surgical
My sis-in-law is having a gland in the night side of neck.After taking medicine it get suppresed but after sometime it appeared again.
After further diagonasis Doctor has suggest to go for Chemo.I have attached all the reports .Could you please have a look and suggest whether chemo is right and what other best treatments are available for her. Is it curable or not ?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kiran Kannepalli 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She will need chemo. It is curable.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query. As per the reports, your sister in law has Hodgkin's lymphoma. It is a type of cancer that involves the immune system. With modern chemotherapy, the disease has a very good
chance of cure. According to the bone marrow report, the disease has not spread to the none marrow, which is a good sign.

Liver involvement however, puts the disease in stage 4. However, Hodgkin's lymphoma carries a good outlook and is treatable. After completion of chemotherapy, ( usually 6 cycles are given), a repeat PET-CT will be done to know the disease status. Usually, the disease goes into remission with chemo.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Gland on the right side of neck. Suggested to go for chemo. Is it curable? 58 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX

It is recommended to go for chemotherapy along with the treatment of granulomas ( Tubeculosis) . I mean can both the treatment go side by side and what would be the duration between cycles of chemotherapy.
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kiran Kannepalli 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Once in 15 days.

Detailed Answer:
Each cycle consists of 2 sessions.chemotherapy being administered on day1 and day 15 in a 28 day cycle. Anti tuberculosis treatment can be given simultaneously.