Giving Aristrozyme drops for digestion to infant. When should we move from drops to syrup?

My kid is 7 months old and we are using Aristrozyme drops 0.5 ml twice a day for digestion. When should we move from drops to syrup. Should my kid attain any specific age before changing from drops to syrup. Please suggest.
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later

I understand your concern.

Regarding aristozyme drops I do not suggest you to give it for longer duration of time.

It is a digestive enzyme which contains diastase/pepsin and is given mostly to relieve gaseous distension/colic in infants and is given for shorter duration for symptomatic relief.

Since your baby is 7 month old I suggest you to give complemantary feeding that is in addition to breast milk give home made food items initially semisolids which should have boiled vegetables,fruit,cereals in it.Balanced food items will provide all necessary nutrients for proper digestion and growth and development of baby.

Medicines in children are given as per body weight and use of drops or syrup depends on medicine we are using and concentration of medicine in it.
Usually after 6 months of age we use syrup.

Hope I have answered your query.If you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless!!