Given zafron to a child for vomiting. Got fever and given tylenol. Started stomachache. Serious problem?

My 6 year old son started vomitting couple of days back during night and i gave him zafron, as he had the same on 25th dec night which was prescribed by the doctor. The vomiting stoped, however since evening today he had fever and I gave him Tylenol. The fever went down but he started complaining stomach ache and started visiting washroom frequently. I noticed that his bowl is XXXXXXX and liquid. Can you please advice what should be done?

Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 38 minutes later
Dr. XXXXXXX is not online now.

I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

It appears your son has got a stomach bug.
A stool test may be done for analysis.
Give him probiotics and yogurt for faster relief.

Kids get dehydrated very fast during episodes of diarrhea. So keep him well hydrated by giving him enough fluids and electrolyte solution like pedialyte.
A moist tongue and good urine output will indicate that he is adequately hydrated.
If stool test reveals bacterial infection, he may require a course of antibiotics.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini