Given west ward thinking it to be ibuprofen. What should I do?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I accidentally gave my 14 year old daughter 2 west ward 292 thinking they were ibuprofen, because they were in a travel container. She way 144lbs. what should I do?
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 43 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

It should not cause any consequences and you dont have to be worried,but if you are not sure about the exact type of pill you must visit doctor. Also, just be caotious aboust few things: she shouldnt take any drugs in next 48 hours,including ibuprofen, she should take plenty of fluids and eat normally.Dont take any alcohol. She might feel bit sleepy and she should just rest and you should be with close to her in next 24 hours and look for some strange signs.
If you notice nausea, drowsiness, blurred vision, hypotension, seizures or any other abnormal sign,you should visit doctor as soon as possible. Fortunately, this isnt the drug that can cause some serious symptoms in this dosage, but it is very important to be more careful with drugs in future.
WIsh you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards