Given monistat3 suppository for yeast infection. Applying cream has effected the skin. Any other substitute for this?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
My doctor gave me the monistat 3 suppository for yeast infection. And im afraid to use it.I used the cream before and its effect my skin.Do u know different typ
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Monistat vaginal pessary is easy to use. It is less messy when compared to the use of vaginal cream. It stays overnight and slowly dissolved inside, so the availability and contact with the drug is more and ensures a clearance of the infection more emphatically. It will not irritate or painful. It will dissolve inside the vagina and ensures the availability of the drug uniformly. It has to be inserted as deep as possible. If it is kept more proximally then it will not dissolve properly and it will come out as a paste. With the help of the inserter it has to be deposited as deep as possible.
Nothing to be worried. Go ahead confidently.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Given monistat3 suppository for yeast infection. Applying cream has effected the skin. Any other substitute for this? 23 minutes later
Thanks doctor..
So you mean that it will not going to hurt me anymore,but do you know any similar suppository i can use it instead monistat ?!

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Welcome back.

Similar to Monistat, there are other vaginal pessaries are available in the market with Clotrimazole, Nystatin etc. They are also equally effective. The strength and dose may vary with preparations.
I am sure that this type of suppositories will not hurt you anyway.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan