Given i-pill after intercourse. Started heavy bleeding. Is it serious?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
hi i had sex with my GF after 12 hrs of her period end & within 24 hrs gave i pill & again i had sex & within 24hrs gave i pill now she is bleeding . is this sign of Prignancy pls suggest we are so worry
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had unprotected sex with your girl friend on last day of her menstrual cycle and on next day.

Since ovulation occurs between 12 to 15 day of cycle there are no chances of she being pregnant.

Whatever bleeding she is getting is withdrawal bleeding due pills which you have given her.

So do not worry and avoid to repeat such situations by always having safe and protected sex.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.

Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Given i-pill after intercourse. Started heavy bleeding. Is it serious? 19 hours later
actually she is suffering from backache and continious bleeding & can we check abt pregnancy within month
& and also want to know how much i pill is effective to protect pregnancy.
& in cycle of period when unprotectd sex will be safe ???

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 hours later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Backache can be due to some other reason.Take pain killers for couple of days.
.
You can check her urine for pregnancy to allay your anxiety.

I pill is not 100 % sure to avoid pregnancy.

There is no 100% safe period for unprotected sex.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Given i-pill after intercourse. Started heavy bleeding. Is it serious? 5 hours later
can u tell me how can we check with urine ????

Hello
Thanks for follow up.
You can check her urine either in pathological Laboratory or at home. Test kit to check urine for pregnancy are available in medical stores.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.