Given birth by c-section. Having severe pain all over body. How to get relief?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Recently delivered a baby girl on 1 Nov 12 with C section. Now having pain in whole body when do some work. having severe pain in ankle muscles when walk for 20-30 mints.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX

Pregnancy pain can transition into a host of new pains after labor, most of which will go away in the next few weeks and months.

Women who gave birth by C-section or had a long labor induction may have leg pain because of the large amount of fluids they were administered intravenously.

As there is much demand of calcium during pregnancy and lactation and if sufficient amount is not taken during this period deficiency can occur and might be the cause of body and ankle pain.

Doing yoga, swimming and indulging in exercises mainly targeted towards the areas which are most affected during and after pregnancy.

So, I suggest you to take calcium XXXXXXX diet, massaging, physical therapy and heat and cold compress can prove to be effective in dealing with the problem. If at all there is an unusually severe pain, it is advised that a doctor should be contacted immediately.

These symptoms normally fade away automatically as the time passes. Hence, there is nothing to worry about it. A bit of care and conscious efforts are required to have a smooth post pregnancy phase of life.

Hope this will help you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Follow-up: Given birth by c-section. Having severe pain all over body. How to get relief? 40 minutes later
Plz advice the diet chart which contains calcium. Also my hairs are falling in large amount after delivery. plz advice how can I stop my hair fall.
Thanks for posting your query again,

You can get diet chart from dietician, till then you can have at least three cups of dairy each day in your diet that contains calcium.

Although there is no way to completely prevent hair loss after pregnancy, it can be minimised by taking certain measures.

You can have diet XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables. These contain high levels of flavonoids and antioxidants that encourage hair growth by protecting hair follicles. Fruits and vegetables that are highest in antioxidant power include blueberries, cranberries, kiwis, spinach, artichokes and peppers. Maintaining a well - balanced diet will ensure minimum hair loss after pregnancy.

Apart from these, there are some home remedies that helps prevent hair loss after pregnancy. Following are some of the most effective treatments :
•Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Massage the strained liquid into the scalp next morning. Wrap a towel around your head and leave for 4 hours. Shampoo and condition.
•Massaging just almond oil on scalp 2 -3 times a day will help to stop further hair loss.
•Prepare a mixture of olive oil, XXXXXXX egg yolk and lemon juice. Apply all over head, paying special attention to hair roots. Leave for an hour and wash off.
•Boil some XXXXXXX leaves in water for about 5 minutes. Cool, strain and use for your hair wash.
•Massage a raw egg yolk onto scalp and leave for 15 minutes. Wash and shampoo

It's definitely worth getting your thyroid checked. Thyroid levels can change a lot after having a baby, even if you've never had thyroid problems before.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.

You can consult me again directly through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW
Dr Saurabh Gupta.