Given antibiotic injections for viral infection. Feeling body pain, irritating throat and low grade fever. Any cure?

Sep 2012

Hi.. I had severe viral infection 1 month back i had been given Antibiotic injections that time.. but after 1 month still i am feeling full body ache and pain in knee bit irritation in throat and chill my palm not feeling good when sitting in AC and all the time feeling low fever and morning time if i take temperature its arount 97 but in evening its increases till 99.

Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 5 hours later
Thank you, for posting a question.
Firstly, if a person have had a viral fever, it weakens the person very much. And, this weakness may take months for complete cure. In this time period you may feel such symptoms. This is quite common.
The rise of temperature you described is nonspecific. Normal body temperature is 98.6 depending upon the site of body. When, you are sitting in an airconditioned area, you may get this type of feeling. The mild rise of temperature in evening is nonspecific.

When your body is weak, it is quite common that you may experience some generalised bodyache. And in this condition, if you work in AC, palms may get chilled. So, it is just the weakness you have due to suffering from a viral fever, nothing else.

For your present condition, you have to follow some instructions
1. Take adequate rest.
2. Diet should be nutritious and balanced.
3. Take fresh fruits.
4. Take adequate amount of water.
5. Take a multivitamin group of drug containing vitamins and micronutrients.
6. Try to avoid airconditioned places. If you have no option then take precautions like putting an extra clothing.
7. From you history, no definite abnormality can be diagnosed except that of generalised weakness.
8. Gurgling with aspirin tablet dissolved in warm water may give you relief from the throat irritation.
9. If required, you can take nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs like paracetamol / aceclofenac for knee pain. But I think, if you follow the abovementioned instructions you need not to take this. But if required to do so take a pantoprazole group of drug alongwith it, to reduce acidity.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have Snyder more question.