Given amlodipine besylate and asked to double dosage. Is it safe to take another dose?

my doctor gave me 5 milligram of amlodipine besylate and she said to double it. I want to know if I can take another one. it has been of the 5 hours since I took the last one.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Amlodepin is a good antihypertensive and is used in a dose of 5 mg. However as your BP doesnt seem to be under control yur doctor has prescribed you twice a day amlodepine. We do do it frequently when BP is not under control.
Ideally it should be taken with 12 hour interval like 8am and 8 pm.
However even 5 hours break is fine and you can take it.
If for any reason you want to prepone the dose you can take it after 5 hours.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.