Given PVC. When should be PVC 2 and PVC 3 be given?

Hello Doctor,

This is regarding the PCV series of vaccination for my daughter.
My daughter is 5 months and 14 days old. She was given PCV – 1 vaccination on 04 May 13.
When the PCV – 2 and PCV – 3 vaccinations should be given?
Also, are PCV vaccinations essential and important in Indian Context?
Thanks in advance for your advice and information.

Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 9 hours later

It is important for children under two years of age to get pneumococcal vaccination as they are most prone to pneumococcal infections. Though it is not scheduled in the Indian Pediatrician Society for vaccination, nowadays it is followed.

Since she has got the first dose of the vaccine, when she was 2 months of age, she can get the 2nd dose now, and then the third dose after 2 months. There is also a 4th dose which is usually given around 12-15 months of age.

According to my knowledge, it is fine to give her the vaccine.

You can get further details of this on WWW.WWWW.WW

I hope this answers your query completely. Please let me know if I can help you further. If you do not have any further clarification, please close, rate and review the answer.