Given Lupi injection. Follicular grown. How many hours before the test would the follicle have ruptured?

Infertility Specialist
I have a question on the Follicle Rupture. My wife was given the injection Lupi HCG 5000 units on the 11th day at 10 PM. After that the Follicular study showed a rupture on the 14th day at 9 AM. The follicle also had grown ( day 10 it was 6.9 mm on the 14th day it was 9.8mm). My question is how many hours before the test would the follicle have ruptured? If we have met on the 12th and 13th days, are there better chances for a result of a baby or 14th is a better day?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query. Following is my reply:

1) Inj hCG is taken for rupture of dominant follicle.

2) The dominant follicle ruptures between 36 to 40 hours after taking injection.

3) If follicle average size was 18 mm on 11th day at 10 PM, it would rupture on 13th day between 10 AM to 2 PM.

4) Ovum after release does survive for a day. Hence meeting on 13th day isgood enough.

I hope your doubt is cleared now.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Given Lupi injection. Follicular grown. How many hours before the test would the follicle have ruptured? 6 hours later
Thank you Sir,
We did XXXXXXX on the 13th day ( following alternative days cycle). Which day would be the best day to test for pregnancy considering that my wife has an avg 32 day cycle.
Also, my wife says she has uneasiness in the lower stomach( not like cramps). When she eats she says she feels some thing. What could that be. Please do take time to answer.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
remaining follicles ovulation

Detailed Answer:
Hi, The pain in lower abdomen is due to some small follicles which would have matured and rupturing now. Keep trying during this time also. You can test for pregnancy after 35th day.