Given Dulcolax before Caesarean surgery. Will it harm the baby?

Will be undergoing caesarean and Dr gave me 2 pill of Dulcolax to be taken orally on the night before the operation.
Will this harm the baby?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Taking two tablets of dulcolax at full term on night before a cesarean section are not likely to cause any harm to the baby. It is given for gut preparation before any abdominal surgery.
The passage of a bowel movement will expel the gases and reduce the intestinal distension during the surgical procedure.
Please do not worry and follow your doctor's advise.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.