Given DTap with polo IM instead of DTap with polio IM for a baby. How harmful is it?

Dear Doctor,
I'm a new hires registered nurse in a family practice facility. I'm familiar with the danger of the medication error and the one of the fighters against it. But yesterday I had 2 month male patient with 5 IM vaccinations and 1 oral rotavirus. I gave DTap with polo (kinrix) IM instead of DTap and polio IM the same time. Error was reported and mother notified. I didn't sleep all night. How dengerous is double dose of polo for the baby? Thanks a lot
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No problems at all, since IPV is incredibly safe.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

There won't be ANY problem with a double IPV dose. Do not worry at all. IPV has no side effects apart from pain and fever (that too, not in all patients). There are no systemic side-effects.

= Dr. Taher