Given 0.5ml of vaxigripin to a child. Got fever. Side effect on vaccination?

Hi ,

My son is 3.5 yrs old and ,we had administered first dose of Vaxigrip in Nov (0.25ml).we administered the second dose after 1 month ie in Dec.In the second dose,the doctor has administered the full dose ie 0.5ml. Now my kid is running with high fever,not sure if the fever is because of the high dose.will there be serious side effects,Please advise.
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 21 minutes later
Hi, thanks for writing to us.

The dose of vaxigrip vaccine above 3 yrs is a single dose of 0.5ml vaccine given intramuscularly.

There will be fever after any vaccination given. Control it with paracetamol and warm water sponges often.

The dose is all right, it is not a high dose. The fever should subside within 2 days.

Kindly review for further queries, hope I have cleared your doubts.

Follow-up: Given 0.5ml of vaxigripin to a child. Got fever. Side effect on vaccination? 47 hours later
Thanks doctorfor your feedback..

Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 10 hours later
You are welcome.

I would appreciate your feedback about this service too. Please close this discussion to write your feed backs.