Give tips to gain weight

Dietitian & Nutritionist
I just to want to know what are the tips to gain weight. Currently I am not following anything. Please advise me.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Weight
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regular exercises and high protein diet would help

Detailed Answer:

Thanks For Posting The query.

Be careful with what you eat, a weight gain diet has to be balanced and healthy. Consuming calories alone would increase the fat mass; which may lead to health problems later. Therefore, it’s advisable to consume more proteins and do regular exercises for building the muscles. Include milk and its products, soy and its products, mushroom, mature legumes and pulses and dry fruits and nuts in your daily diet. If you are a non – vegetarian, consider egg (white only) and white meats in non-fried form for good quality protein.

Taking small and frequent meals would be helpful, and do not eat or drink around the main meal timings to save the appetite for the meals.

You may include potato, yam, rice and breads in the diet for required calories. Fruits and vegetable are also important as they provide means for better digestion and assimilation of the food consumed. Always keep the handy snacks with you, for e.g. peanut Chikki, roasted nuts, dry fruits, sprouts and roasted channa, and take plenty of water and other hydrating liquids. Avoid bakery and commercially prepared foods as they contain additives and preservatives that might interfere with the metabolism.

Weight gain is a slow process, follow your set diet and eating routine, never skip meals and also avoid eating more than the intended quantities. Be persistent and focused.

Another important thing that helps in muscle development is regular exercises. Light weights and exercises like push up and squats would direct the protein for muscle gain.

Hope this satisfies your query.