Give the survival period for a person with auto-immune hepatitis?

what is the longest someone has lived with auto-immune hepatitis?
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No documented data, but other information given

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

There is no such documented data about one single survivor who lived the longest with the disease, but as per some documented data there have been individuals who have survived for nearly 30 years after the diagnosis.

The average survival rate is considered to be 18 years. Some individuals have been completely symptom-free after treatment for over 40-50 years also.

I hope you found my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best of luck and god bless.