Give the medication to postpone periods by a week? Suggest dosage and how many days before should I take?

hello! i want to forward my menstruation date forward for some occassion. As my period come backward by 4/5 day so on next month it will fall on 9th or 10th so please suggest me an pill to forward my date for atleast 1 week and also tell me how to take the pill and from when to start it.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Norethisterone tablets of 5 mg

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

I will suggest you to take norethisterone tablets of 5mg thrice daily. It should be started 3 days before your expected date(6th in your case).

It should be taken till you don't want to bleed. Your period will come after 2-5 days of stopping the tablets.

The pill can be taken with food three times daily. It should not be taken empty stomach. It can cause some nausea and vomiting. In that case, you can take some antiemetic like metoclopramide or ondansetron tablets.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: