Give the disadvantages of lasik surgery for short sight?

plz suggest me LASIK surgery for shortsighted did advantages....
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
disadvantages are minimal

Detailed Answer:

LASIK is a routinely done out-patient surgical procedure these days. You can safely get it done.

The disadvantages of the surgery are very less. Some of the risks of the procedure could be corneal infection, scarring, dry eyes, glares, haloes, light sensitivity, night driving problems for some time. Rarely, a repeat surgery is required as the surgery may be over or under-done.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Give the disadvantages of lasik surgery for short sight? 22 minutes later
i had lasik surgery past 50 days but am suffering from headacche daily i did check up with eye doctor (vasan eye care) told that eyes are normal no side effect,,,, they have checked my eyes and they done scanning test also........ im worried about this plz help me is this side effect of normal
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
no, it is not side effect of surgery

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for my delayed response.

I do not think the headache is due to the Lasik surgery. Lasik surgery does not have headache as a side effect. Also, it does not last this long for more than 50 days.

In my view, the cause of your headache is something else and not the eye surgery.

You may consult a pain specialist or a neurologist for further evaluation of your headache. Meanwhile, you can take simple analgesics like Crocin for relief of pain.

Hope this helps you. Get well soon.