Give more insight regarding "Heterogenous liver echotexture c/w mild fatty infiltration"

Hi, I recently had an ultrasound to check on something else and in the results this came back (below). My Dr didn't even mention it. I do have high cholesterol and take 10 mg of Lipitor which does the job perfectly (my levels are perfect). I also just had my routine blood test for liver function too which were also fine. I do drink in moderation and could prob exercise more. Could you give me any more insight to the below or should I worry? "Heterogenous liver echotexture c/w mild fatty infiltration." Thanks for your time.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.. Detailed Answer: Hi, With regards to abdominal ultrasound results , I would like to say that there is nothing more than fatty liver. This is to describe the contrast imaging of the liver. heterogeneous means mix. So this is mix liver perfusion from fatty infiltration. Under normal circumstances, Perfusion should be homogenous, that means evenly distributed among the whole liver. At your case liver heterogenicity could be caused by fatty infiltration and alcohol consumption. I am glad to know that your biochemical exam were normal, so you will continue your medical treatment and your diet. If I were your treating doctor I would recommend to: - stop alcohol - use foods reach in fibers like vegetables and fruits - loose weight If you have other concerns please feel free and write me. Wishing you health Dr.Klerida