Give details associated with fallopian blockage issue.

Infertility Specialist

Actually I want to know few information on the fallopian blockage issue.

1. What makes fallopian tube blockage?
2. What is the best way to make it cure?
3. Is there any possibility to get a natural pregnancy?
4. Suppose if we want to go for the treatment does it requires any surgery or suggest the best treatment that we can go for?
5. Who is the best doctor to handle this issue in Bangalore?
6. How much will be the cost for these kind of treatment(approx)?
7. In some of the website it is mention that natural Chinese treatment had solved this issue with 100% result. what is your opinion on the same?
8. Is there any other way of treatment with surgery to overcome this issue?

Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 16 hours later
Following is the answer to your queries.
1. Tubes can be blocked due to many reasons
A. Most commonly its due to muscular spasm which causes cornual (junction of tube with uterus) block. It can be cleared through laparoscopy.
B. Second common cause is mucous plug/debris/clot obstructing tube; it can be cleared by hysteroscopic tubal canulation during laparoscopy.
C. Infection can cause fibrosis in tube & block it. If it’s mild It can be cleared through laparoscopy, if severe it can't be cured & you will need IVF.
D. Tubes can get blocked due to adhesions around tubes due to infection or endometriosis. It can be cleared through laparoscopy.
2. Answer of your second & 8th query is in point no.1.
3. Natural pregnancy can occur if block can be cleared. Chance depends on how healthy tubes are.
4. Best treatment to clear block is laparoscopy with hysteroscopy at a center where expertise to clear block is available. Cost of laparoscopy & hysteroscopy to clear block can be between 0000 to 0000 rupees depending on expected pathology & laparoscopic findings. If you require IVF due to mid tubal block (Most difficult to cure) cost is between 1 & 3 lacs.
5. I can't say best, but Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX & Dr Korula XXXXXXX are two good doctors you can consult, who can treat/guide you honestly.
6. Answer of 6th question is in point no. 5.
7. As I am not expert of Chinese medicines, I cannot comment about it. I have never seen that miracle.

You can upload your tubal test results for further guidance.

Let me know if you have other concerns.