Ask a Urologist   »  

Girl friend bit penis during sex, internal bleeding from penis, no external wound. Slight bleeding the next day. Precautions to be taken ?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Question
my girl friend bite my penis last night and it was bleeding till then from inside the hole. no external wound is found. now bleeding is not coming that much but coming slightly. what is the remedy for this and what precausions should be taken
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 27 minutes later

Penis is an extremely vascular organ full of blood vessels therefore even a mild injury can cause more bleeding.

But bleeding from the urethral opening after injury to penis like in your case can be due to traumatic tear of a blood vessel or urethra i.e the pathway for external passage of urine and semen. Such bleeding if momentary and self resolving is not worrisome; but if the bleeding has persisted for hours then it definitely needs treatment even if it has decreased now. The reason is that if untreated, in some cases it may cause complications like urologist who can examine you and find the extent of injury and treat with analgesics anti inflammatory agents like a combination of acetaminophen and ibuprofen and start antibiotics if necessary. Such treatment will also help in faster healing of any XXXXXXX wound, even if minor.

The precautions you need to take are to avoid sexual intercourse till healing, maintain good hygiene and drink plenty of water.

Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.

Follow-up: Girl friend bit penis during sex, internal bleeding from penis, no external wound. Slight bleeding the next day. Precautions to be taken ? 1 hour later
suggest some anti inflamatary and anti biotic tablets and the duration of corse. ur answer is more analytical and now i become tense free. thanks for responding in such a way.

Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 21 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

You may try Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily for 5 days. It is a useful anti-inflammatory drug which is available over the counter. Some people have reported gastritis following its use. Watch out for gastritis.

As far as antibiotic is concerned, they are prescription only medications. It is unethical and inappropriate to suggest prescription medication here without a physical examination. You need to consult your primary doctor / urologist who would prescribe you the appropriate antibiotic.

Apart from this, drink plenty of fluids / water. Good hydration is important both in faster healing as well as preventing infections.

I would also want to advice about the risks of sexually transmitted infection. Care needs to be implemented if there is a suspicion of sexually transmitted infection. If at all there is a suspicion, I recommend you to get them tested by a thorough examination and investigations.

Hope this answer is useful and helpful to you.