Giraffe skin pattern by drying. Applying creams and exfoliation. What can this be?

I have noticed an odd pattern on the skin on my legs. I stay out of the sun, but started getting airbrushed XXXXXXX Since it is drying to the skin, I see this very odd giraffe pattern. I constantly lubricate with really good creams and lotions I don't think it is a dry skin condition. I also exfoliate on a regular basis - even more so toward the end of the life of the spray XXXXXXX What in the world is this???? It is NOT pretty!
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.
I would like to know whether the pattern is only in the skin or it is palpable with cracks between crusts type pattern.
You could probably be having livedo reticularis, which becomes worse on exposure to cold weather. Although this is usually harmless, it can sometimes be due to an underlying cause like lupus, polyarteritis nodosa and several other disorders. We would definitely like to rule out an underlying cause in your case.
However, I would definitely be able to guide you better if you can upload a picture of the pattern. You can use the 'Upload your reports' section on the right.
Awaiting your reply.