Ginette, menstrual cycle, acne. Recommended?

Hi My doctor told me start ginette 35 on 5th day o fmy menstrual cycle for acne, but the manual with tablet says 1st day I m confused,should i go ahead and take it on 5 th day?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later

Ginette is taken both for contraception as well as for severe acne.
When you start the tablet for the very first time, it is usually recommended to start it from day 1 of your periods so that it gives protection against pregnancy from day 7 onwards. But if you are not taking it for contraception then you can start it on day 5 also to have the cyclical and controlled hormonal effect on your body.
I would advise you to follow your doctor's suggestion and start it from day 5.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.