Giddiness, weakness, lethargy. Having occult bleeding between periods. Taking eltroxin, vitamins, elixir neogardine. Suggest remedy

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am a Chartered Accountant married for last 10 yrs with no kid due to my hectic job schedule , my periods are not regular ahve undergone USG which mentioned my endomerium wall has thickened, I take Eltroxin reguraly for last 10 yrs 50 mcg daily however I always have giddiness, weakness and lethargy throught the day inspite of taking vitamins, elxir neogardine, vit E , recently I am having XXXXXXX occult bleeding including blood strands even when I am not having preiod, but no pain. My last period was 20th March with heavy bleeding, I have period of 1 month 3-4 days gap, I am annaemic and cant take iron capsules due to constipation and drug interaction with eltroxin. Syptoms like vomiting tendency, mind block, loss of alertness , dizziness gets aggreviate for 2-3 daus just before my periods starts every month
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
As you are having occult bleeding in between your periods, excessive bleeding during periods & diagnosed thickened endometrium,there is need of hysteroscopic guided endometrial biopsy to rule out any uterine abnormality.
Secondly if you are feeling lethargic it can be due to anemia or hypothyroidism,
so get your TSH & free T4 level done,there can be requirement of eltroxin dose readjustment.
For anemia you can take iron tablet in night if taking eltroxin in morning to avoid drug interaction.
For constipation you can take some stool softener like duphalac, but it is necessary to take iron to improve anemia.
Mind block, loss of alertness before periods can be due to premenstrual syndrome that can be improved by Yoga & meditation.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.
Dr Monika Choudhary