Giddiness all the day & mild headache. Had low hemoglobin post delivery. Didn't take prescribed medication livogen & shelcal.

Question
I AM NOT FEELING WELL FROM PAST 3 DAYS I AM FEELING GIDDINESS THROUGH OUT THE DAY.I GAVE BIRTH TO A BABAY GIRL 5 MONTHS BACK
AT THAT TIME MY HEMOGLOBIN PERCENT WAS 9.5 AFTER THAT THEY ASKED ME TO BE OM LIVOGEN AND SHELCOL FOR 3 MONTHS WHICH I DID NOT TAKE
WHY I AM FEELING LIKE THAT I DID NOT FAINT ,BUT I AM FEELING GIDDINESS FOR FEW SECONDS AND COME TO NORMAL AND AGAIN I AM FEELING LIKE THAT WITH A MINOR HEAD ACHE ,
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Hello

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

The postpartum period can be a wonderful yet challenging time for moms experiencing profound physical and emotional changes after giving birth.

As your hemoglobin levels were low during pregnancy and you have not taken the supplements, there will be greater risk for postpartum anemia.

Symptoms as you have mentioned dizziness, fatigue, giddiness and others like feel tired, weak, or irritable are also common. It is not actually headache i think it is due to fatigue you are felling headache.

I think your Hemoglobin level might be low that is why you are experiencing these symptoms, there are several options for increasing it like vitamins, supplemental iron pills, and to eat a diet high in iron XXXXXXX foods.

I advice you take those medication which your consulting doctor had prescribed. I advice you to go for estimation of iron and hemoglobin levels. I think it will be low.

Kindly continue the medication for period of 3 months even after the normal level of hemoglobin is reached.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Giddiness all the day & mild headache. Had low hemoglobin post delivery. Didn't take prescribed medication livogen & shelcal. 4 hours later
i am unable to take proper food as i am busy with my two kids , i am not taking my breakfast on time ,sometimes i do skip it or eat at 11 o clock and i am taking out side food so i am putting on lot of weight but facing to many problems .these symptoms may be due to diabetes also, shall i get the diabetic test done . i am very much worried as i am unable to take care of my new born daughter becaz of this guidiness,even if i sit in front of the system also i have this problem.i never faced this problem in my life time. even after my first delivery i was fine

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 10 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Good to hear from you.

As i have mentioned above that the fatigue and giddiness may be due to decreased hemoglobin, i strongly advice you to take the medication prescribed by your consulting doctor.

It is very much necessary that you have to take proper care of you then only you can take care of your baby.

I advice you to have food cooked in home rather than from out side food. If you are having nutritious diet from outside that is fine.

Regarding diabetes, it is multifactorial disease. You can go for simple random blood sugar test. If it comes to be abnormal afterward you can think of FBS and PPBS test.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health to you and your babies.

Follow-up: Giddiness all the day & mild headache. Had low hemoglobin post delivery. Didn't take prescribed medication livogen & shelcal. 45 hours later
my hemoglobin level 1s 13 it is good then why i am having this giddiness problem, my sugar levels are normal do i need any other test to be done.
or may be because of summer i am facing this ,because i am not having proper food and that to on time i take my breakfast at 11 i i feel gidiness more at this time only,afternoon i feel it but not more like in the morning
this problem has nothing to do with serious diseases

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Good to hear that all your test are normal.

I think your giddiness may be due to summer or as result of not having healthy food.
As you have mentioned your are having late breakfast, during this period you might be having low glucose level causing giddiness and fatigue.

I advice you to have breakfast early and launch and dinner on time. Also to have frequent water to counter act dehydration during summer.

Try these i think you should be good.

Hope i have cleared your queries.