Giddiness. Had cataract operation. Is it related to inner ear infection or the surgery?

I had cataract operation three weeks ago was ok for first week but since then have had giddiness my gp not sure if I have inner ear infection but I wondered if it was anything to do with the operation
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Giddiness is more likely to occur with inner ear infection.
Cataract surgery does not lead to giddiness,unless there are certain other complication.
3 weeks is too much of time for complications to occur.Any problem if it is to occur will occur in the initial stage and not 3 weeks later.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.