Getting wrist pain. How to get relief?

my wrist keeps paining me when i do activity and also its painful if i carry any bags in it throwing a ball is very painfull
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Madam you might be suffering from tendinitis or tenosynovitis.
Tenosynovitis is inflammation of the lining of the sheath that surrounds a tendon (the cord that joins muscle to bone).
The goal of treatment is to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. Rest or keeping the affected tendons still is essential for recovery.
Please give rest to your wrist.Do not bend or stress your wrist.Do not lift heavy objects.
Take a ibugesic tablet thrice daily for 5 days.Apply ice pack to the local area and apply some painkiller gel to that area.Consult your othopedician.

If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.