Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting wound on penis after intercourse. What is the problem?

Question
wound on penis, every time i have sex with my wife i get a small wound on penis skin and it will not heal
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

The wounds after intercourse are commonly seen when female partner has a Copper T or any other intrauterine device for birth control.

I shall be much more specific if you can attach an image of the rash here or provide some more detailed description of the wound.

Waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: Getting wound on penis after intercourse. What is the problem? 8 hours later
how schud i do to send a picture?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later

You can attach the image in your query page or you can e mail them to YYYY@YYYY to my attention ,I am Dr Raju.

Waiting for the images,

Follow-up: Getting wound on penis after intercourse. What is the problem? 9 hours later
I have just emaild you 2 pictures on the wounds, i hope the files is not to big , about 3,5 MB each.
wbr cd

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later

Thanks for the image.

The lesions appear to be due to fungal infection.This will weaken the superficial layers of the skin.When there is any sort of friction the superficial layers get eroded leading to painful rashes.

I suggest you to apply DK gel (antifungal) over the affected area once every night for three days.This will surely provide you considerable relief.

I also recommend strict abstinence until you are cleared of the condition as it could be communicable to your partner.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

regards,