Getting white discharge from penis and pain while urinating. How to get relief?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
white discharge from the pennis and painful feeling while am peeing
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 54 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Based on incomplete information, it is difficult to make any comment on your problem. I shall be happy if you can provide few more details to come to conclusion and diagnose your problem.

1) Are you Diabetic?
2) Did you have unprotected sex very recently?
3) Do you have fever?
4) Have you done your routine Urine test and Urine Culture?

Based on the limited information that you have provided, it appears that you have Acute UTI.
You will need antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin along with Urinary antiseptic Nitrofurantoin and urine alkaliser. Please do visit your family physician for the prescription after proper investigations such as urine routine examination. Please ensure to consume plenty of water. It should get resolved in a week.

Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Getting white discharge from penis and pain while urinating. How to get relief? 1 hour later
yes i did have unprotected sex last week

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hello
Thanks for feedback/From the fact that you have posted it appears that you have acute UTI following unprotected sex.
Get microscopic examination of discharge from the penis done to detect organisms(Gram Staining) .
Please start taking medicines which i have suggested earlier.Hopefuly the problem will be resolved in a week.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.I shall be pleased to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil