Getting white discharge during pregnancy. Can I take ampoxin?

i am getting white discharge during pregnancy can i take ampoxin-500 antibiotic(ampicillin and cloxacillin capsule)
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

It is not uncommon for a woman during her pregnancy to experience mild whitish vaginal discharge which may increase or decrease periodically. It occurs at different times of pregnancy and can be particularly heavy after exercising or doing some strenuous physical activity.

This discharge is formed by the normal bacteria and fluids the vaginal cells put off and it does not require any treatment most of the times. Taking any antibiotic without consulting your gynecologist is not advisable.

I want you to be aware of symptoms like, yellow or green colored discharge, discharge with bad odor, or if it is clumpy or cheese like. Watch out for itching, discomfort, rash or sores along with a vaginal discharge. If you happen to notice any of the above mentioned symptoms, seek instant medical help.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.